Bookshop Retail Assistant Needed at Patabah Books Limited.
Patabah Books Limited is a Nigerian-owned company, which was set-up in 1987 to cater to book-lovers. Over the years, Patabah grew into a one-stop shop for books, greeting cards, stationery and gift items.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bookshop Retail Assistant
- A Retail Assistant is needed for a bookstore.
- The Retail Assistant’s primary function is to attend to the customers, to help them find the merchandise they are seeking and to make sure that they have a pleasant shopping experience.
- The Retail Assistant is under the supervision of the Retail manager and is to assist in any way, pertaining to the growth and success of the book store, including customer outreach, keeping the shop clean, and decorating the shop on special occasions.
Qualifications / Experience
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess at least an HND or Bachelor’s degree
- Be a dynamic, self-starter capable of taking entrepreneurial initiative. Retail experience is a plus but is not mandatory
- Be well-spoken and able to communicate effectively with others in the English language, in both written and oral forms
- Be highly organized and punctual
- Read books regularly (can be fiction or nonfiction)
- Extremely comfortable using computers, including familiarity with productivity applications (such as the Microsoft Office Suite) and popular social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress and Mailchimp)
- Have a neat appearance and friendly disposition.
- Work weeks are 6 days weekly (9:30am – 7:30pm) from Monday to Saturday
- May be required to work longer hours as projects demand
- Job is based in Suru-Lere, Lagos, Nigeria so ideal candidate should live in Suru-Lere or close by.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.